[imp] Limiting # of recipients per time period

Chris Lafty clafty at stlawu.edu
Wed Aug 20 14:59:23 UTC 2008

A client's account became compromised and a spammer sent out over 4,000
messages before I got in Monday morning and saw that my spam alert
script detected the incident.  I wrote a script because this is the 5th
or 6th time this has happened.  One of the new features of IMP is the
ability to limit the number of recipients over a time period.  I've set
this up.  However, I don't see where you can set the actual limiting
numbers.  I see "limit_period" and "threshold" which is the # of days we
keep old log entries.

How does this work?

I found a mention of max_recipients and max_timelimit perm in
http://bugs.horde.org/ticket/4387

Is there a document out there I can read.  I've been search for too long.

-Chris

--

Christopher Lafty
clafty at stlawu.edu