[imp] problem with IMAP mailbox expunge (purge deleted)

David Brangaitis David.Brangaitis at marist.edu
Tue Aug 26 18:07:34 UTC 2008

Hello,
Can anyone advise me on how to correct a problem with the 'purge deleted'
function in IMP 4.2?    If I delete messages, then click 'purge deleted',
the messages will no longer be displayed in the inbox, but most of the
time will return (marked deleted) on the next login.  IMAP sees this as a
failed expunge because there are apparently multiple selects of the
Inbox..

-----> C= 1219769640 xxxx CLIENT: sd [7]
00000005 EXPUNGE

-----> C= 1219769640 xxxx SERVER: sd [10]
00000005 NO EXPUNGE failed - INBOX has multiple concurrent selectors.

I'm not sure if there is an unselect statement that isn't working...  If I
click 'purge deleted' enough times, it seems to eventually go through
correctly.
Any insight would be appreciated.

Thanks!

-David