[imp] Latest horde/imp not working on iPhone/iPod touch

Eric Jon Rostetter eric.rostetter at physics.utexas.edu
Wed Aug 27 16:22:37 UTC 2008

Quoting Kevin Konowalec <webadmin at ualberta.ca>:

> Has anyone else had any success with getting imp working again on
> mobile browsers?

It works fine on almost all mobile browsers.  There is an issue with
the iphone/touch, but it is more of a preference than a real bug.

> Prior to upgrading to horde 3.2 I was able to take my iPod touch and
> log in as I would with any web browser.  Since upgrading the only
> thing I get is a white screen with a welcome message at the very
> top.  Can't log out... can't do anything.  I haven't installed MIMP
> in production and wouldn't want to in its current version (unless
> something's horribly wrong with my test installation it seems barely
> usable).

I see no reason not to install MIMP.  Unfortunately, that defaults the
iphone/touch to MIMP, which IMHO isn't desirable.

> What can I do to get it working like any other web browser again?

Install MIMP for your real mobile users.  Then ask me about the local
patch I use to make the iphone/touch use IMP instead of MIMP.

--
Eric Rostetter
The Department of Physics

This message is provided "AS IS" without warranty of any kind,
either expressed or implied.  Use this message at your own risk.