[imp] delete emails directly and permanently

Matus UHLAR - fantomas uhlar at fantomas.sk
Thu Aug 28 13:55:32 UTC 2008

On 27.08.08 12:16, Arminas wrote:
> But this is not mail server's care. It's all about client programs. If
> quota is reached so user must not be able to move his emails to any
> other folder except deleting permanently.

If "move" means "copy and then remove old", then yes, you can't do that
unless the destination folder is not accoundes in quota (as the Trash for
courier utilities).

However, depending on quota implementation, there may be small gap between
current mailbox size and real quota, in such case you can still move
(copy&delete) messages smaller than the gap...

Linux is like a teepee: no Windows, no Gates and an apache inside...