[imp] Namespace and folders problem (possible bug)

Arminas g.arminas at gmail.com
Fri Aug 29 07:23:04 UTC 2008

Hi everyone,

I would like to ask if this is a bug, if so, I will create a ticket
for this. I am using namespaces for imap because my maildir is not the
same as homedir (mail server). So here is configuration of
servers.php:

$servers['imap'] = array(
    'name' => 'my.mailserver',
    'server' => 'my.mailserver.com',
    'hordeauth' => false,
    'protocol' => 'imap/notls',
    'port' => 9999,
    'maildomain' => 'maildomain.example.com',
    'smtphost' => 'smtphost.example.com',
    'folders' => 'mail/',
    'smtpport' => 99,
    'realm' => '',
    'preferred' => '',
    'imap_config' => array(
        'children' => false,
        'namespace' => array(
            'mail/' => array(
                'name' => 'mail/',
                'delimiter' => '/',
                'type' => 'personal',
                'hidden' => false,
            ),
        ),
        'search_charset' => array(
            'UTF-8' => true
        )
    )
);

I have results that I want with this configuration: users are not able
to take any action out of them mail directory. Here is a piece of code
from prefs.php (imp/config):

// sent mail folder
$_prefs['sent_mail_folder'] = array(
//    'value' => _("Sent"),
// For Exchange server uncomment the line below and delete the line above
    'value' => 'sent-mail',
    'locked' => false,
    'shared' => false,
    'type' => 'implicit');

It seems to be ok, BUT, if user goes into hist options and saves
default value of "sent_mail_folder" , file "mail/sent-mail" is been
created, even if file "/sent-mail" already exists. But if I compose
any email and send it, all data of sent-mail is saved to correct place
: "/sent-mail" .

So the problem is about checking if directory/file exists when looking
for sent-mail . (it creates /mail/mail/sent-mail instead of
/mail/sent-mail).

I didnt checked if the problem persists with another mboxes (trash,
drafts etc.) yet, but I will.

PS. I'm using the latest stable release of IMP (4.2).

Thanks for respond,
Arminas