[imp] Spammers Using Horde/IMP to Send Bulk Message

JackyC at umac.mo JackyC at umac.mo
Sat Sep 6 10:31:57 UTC 2008

Hi all,

Does anyone has this experience?
Spammers used the spam to ask horde/imp user to submit their account info
(including password)
Somehow, user submitted.
And spammers use this user account to send a lot of bulk messages.
I had this experience. And seems the spammers use a programmed approach to
automatically fill in a dictionary-like emails addresses to the To field.
And send each single mail to hundreds of recipient, and then repeatedly
sent another hundreds of recipients mails out around 10 seconds.

Does anyone has this experience? I am just asking for suggest to improve
in Horde/IMP webmail environment.

Thank you very much!

Yours Sincerely,
Jacky, Hoi Kei Chan