[imp] MIME structure problem (Re: Parsing URLs in message bodies)

Janne Peltonen janne.peltonen at helsinki.fi
Tue Sep 9 11:36:52 UTC 2008

On Mon, Sep 08, 2008 at 11:04:47AM -0600, Michael M Slusarz wrote:
>> I (or one of my colleagues) will probably file a proper bug report once
>> we got a permission from the user to use her message as an example. We
>> tried to render the message using IMP 3.0, Pine, Mutt and Mozilla
>> thunderbird, and each got its MIME structure right and viewed the
>> message.
>
> This isn't a bug.  You haven't enabled viewing of text/html parts.

So I haven't. *feeling stupid* Thank you. :) And I had to enable
inline viewing both in horde/config/mime_drivers.php and
horde/imp/config/mime_drivers.php, of course, of course...

But on the other hand... If IMP knows it's unable to view text/html
parts (because of its configuration), shouldn't it choose the text/plain
part of a MIME multipart / alternative message? Of course, as it can
view the text/html parts, only not inline, it could be argued that it
should behave exactly as it does.

So. But. Thanks a lot. :)
--
Janne Peltonen <janne.peltonen at helsinki.fi> PGP Key ID: 0x9CFAC88B