[imp] Tab order in message composition and keyboard shortcuts.

gimili gimili17 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 9 12:18:44 UTC 2008

Message composition is something that is used often.  Shouldn't imp tab
to the message body after the message subject?  To get to the message
body you have to hit tab 20 times after you enter the subject when using
firefox 3 and I can't get it to tab past the subject field in Internet
Explorer 7.  This is annoying for mouse haters like myself.  Perhaps I
am doing something wrong?  Is there a way to change the tab order?  Is
this a browser issue or a imp issue?

It took me awhile to learn that in firefox 3 you need to hit alt, shift
and then the underlined character to move around in imp.  Perhaps that
will help someone else.  In ie you only need to use alt and the
underlined character.

The "S" is not underlined on the send message button but "alt shift S"
selects the send button and then "space bar" will do the same as
clicking on it to quickly send the message in firefox without the
mouse.  A simple "alt-s" sends in message in ie.  It would be nice to
get those underlines added to the buttons.

There doesn't seem to be keyboard shortcuts in dimp for things like send
or jump to the "To" field.

Any tips or advice much appreciated.