[imp] Horde integration problem with Postfix

Jan Schneider jan at horde.org
Thu Sep 11 14:15:14 UTC 2008

Zitat von sugo <sugo at olografix.org>:

> Hello,
>
> I am migrating from Horde+qmail to Horde+postfix.
> All the email accounts are stored in a Mysql database.
> To make qmail works, the mailbox field of each user is, for example:
>
> /var/spool/pop/domain/site.com/username
>
> For Postfix, instead, I need to change to:
>
> /var/spool/pop/domain/site.com/username/Maildir/
>
> the problem is that the authentication with Horde doesn't work anymore
> when I update the tables in this way, instead the authentication by POP3
> or IMAP (for example setting up the account on any email client still
> works).

Authentication has nothing to do with where the mail server stores
it's data, let alone has it anything to do with the MTA you are using.

If it works with other mail clients than IMP, then the difference is
that IMP uses the c-client library (via the IMAP PHP extension) to
authenticate, other mail clients don't.

Jan.

http://horde.org/consulting/