[imp] Excessive memory usage

Michael M Slusarz slusarz at horde.org
Thu Sep 25 08:26:27 UTC 2008

Yes.  See here: http://cvs.horde.org/incubator/Imap_Client

> Could some memory-effective libraries, binary or PHP-bases, help there?
> (e.g. effective MIME decoding/encoding)

MIME processing is always going to be somewhat memory intensive.
Streams *may* be a solution to limit memory when it comes to the body
part of the message. however, at some point, that entire message is
going to be in memory at some point (with the possible exception of
streaming message part data when downloading a message).

michael