[imp] MIME viewer download

Chris St. Pierre stpierre at NebrWesleyan.edu
Thu Oct 9 13:27:44 UTC 2008

On Wed, 8 Oct 2008, Michael M Slusarz wrote:

> Quoting "Chris St. Pierre" <stpierre at NebrWesleyan.edu>:
>
>> In the thread at
>> http://groups.google.com/group/mailing.www.horde-imp/browse_thread/thread/c8e595e0a49ae2b3/82f0cbb5af8d494c,
>> Michael notes that "Clicking on the filename *should*, if a viewer is
>> configured, open up a HTML-rendered viewer, not display the file.  For
>> files without a MIME Viewer, this link should be identical to the
>> download link."
>>
>> On my Horde 3.2/IMP 4.3 install, that is not the case.  For files
>> without a MIME Viewer, the filename is not a link at all.  How do I
>> get it to Do The Right Thing?
>
> Well, this used to be the case.  Now that I am thinking about it, I might be
> confusing this with the old behavior we had with MIME_Magic guesses where we
> gave users 2 links - one for the guessed type and one to the original type.
>
> In either case, I was probably wrong.

Dang.  I was really counting on you being right, and my setup being
wrong.

So, is it possible to get this behavior, without hacking the code
proper?  I find that behavior much more intuitive than what's
currently there.  Is it possible, e.g., to define a default MIME
Viewer that just downloads the file?

Chris St. Pierre
Unix Systems Administrator
Nebraska Wesleyan University