[imp] Show Attachment-Information in Message-List in IMP4.3

gimili gimili17 at gmail.com
Fri Oct 10 00:46:25 UTC 2008

Michael M Slusarz wrote:
> Quoting gimili <gimili17 at gmail.com>:
>> Funny I just had a user request this feature.  I did what was
>> suggested in imp/docs/UPGRADING and it worked perfectly.  It also
>> adds message priority.  There is probably a reason why it isn't but
>> to me this should be on by default.
> As the documents state, with c-client it is a (quite substantial)
> performance hit because there is no easy way to get this information.
> With the new IMAP library, this will not be an issue and these
> features may well be turned on by default.
> michael
Thanks for the info Michael.  I didn't read far enough.  I figured there
was a good reason.  Glad that to hear that they may be back on in the
future.  Users seem to really like the little bells and whistles.  :-)
I haven't noticed any performance hit yet but we don't have many users.
The one setting that I found made a dramatic difference on our
installation was changing the default sort order in Imp away from
"arrival time".  It almost made Imp unusable.