[imp] Script to setup per-user defaults and new e-mails users in Horde/Imp ?

Jean-Marc Coursimault horde at axperia.net
Mon Oct 13 13:00:09 UTC 2008

Hello,

I need to create IMP mail users from a script.
I first create standard Unix users, and then I ask them to log in in
Horde/IMP and set their full name and defaut e-mail address.

Which they don't, and their return address is wrong.

So I need to set the default name and default e-mail address, and not
rely on users doing it.

Is there a script to do that, or instructions on how to write one ? I've
seen script.initial_horde_user.sql and it does not set up the name and
e-mail address. I' did not find in the FAQ and Wiki either.

Something like

create_imp_email.sh --user john_doe_somesite --fullname "John Doe,
Somesite" --email "john.doe at somesite.com"

My Horde/IMP version is 4.1.1, with MySQL 5.

Any help would be greatly appreciated !

Thanks

-- Jean Marc