[imp] Accents on dimp

Dominique LALOT dom.lalot at gmail.com
Fri Oct 17 09:43:15 UTC 2008

Michael M Slusarz a écrit :
> Francisco Cruz wrote:
>
>> Using DIMP, I cannot see mails containing accents on the preview
>> window neither on the subject.  The mail appear right until it
>> appaears the first character with an accent. After that, the mail is
>> truncated.
>> When I double click the  them I can see all mail in a new window
>> without problems
>>
>> How can I fix it?
>>
> Read the documentation, specifically dimp/docs/INSTALL, which tells you
> to upgrade to PHP 5.2.5+

No, I did it before (jumping from debian etch to unstable..) and it
didn't solve the problem. Check your locale.
I did a dpkg-reconfigure locale under debian and dimp worked after

What is amazing is that imp works, but not dimp with a broken locale
setup! You need to install locale for all languages you want to display
in preview (only for preview). If you dble click, you're always able to
see the mail..

http://bugs.horde.org/ticket/5955

Dom