[imp] The server is still generating the message list

gimili gimili17 at gmail.com
Fri Oct 17 11:26:35 UTC 2008

Dominique LALOT wrote:
> I've upgraded to groupware webmail edition 1.1.3 and got same problem
> as 1.1.1
> distrib: debian etch + php5 + memcache
> Sometimes I cant get the message list.
> To do that, drag and drop a mail in a folder, then try to see that
> folder.
> After, you get that blank screen with that warning (it never stops
> untill you log out).
> A friend of mine has got the same problem but less frequently
I use the stable set of software, not the webmail edition, with debian
etch + php5 and memcache and I don't seem to have this problem.  I know
I found dimp slow but after I turned on the cache settings in imp and
changed my sort order back to arrival time it has run at a decent
speed.  I found this article
http://howto.landure.fr/gnu-linux/debian-4-0-etch-en/install-horde-groupware-webmail-edition-on-debian-4-0-etch
to be helpful.  Now dimp runs much better.  The scroll bar for the
message list hesitates if I move it too fast.  I also installed
eAccelerator 0.9.5.3 which seems to improve speed.