[imp] Fetchmail

Manuel Schwab manuel at manuelschwab.de
Thu Oct 23 16:46:59 UTC 2008

Hello list,

Horde Groupware Webmail Edition 1.1
IMP 4.2

Strange problem when I want to configure the fetchmail option.

If I choose "IMAP" as protocol, I got the error that mails from the
other server can not be fetched because there is a Certifcate failure
for mail.externserver.de: self signed certificate...

Well thats ok because the certificate is self signed.

But if I choose "IMAP over SSL (self-signed certificate) as protocol, I
got the error message:

Fetching messages: invalid email account (in German: Nachrichten
sammeln: Ungültiges Postfach).
I only changed the protocol option in the fetchmail configuration.

So what does this exactly mean? All account information seems to be
correct, username, password, server. And if I use POP3 everything is okay.

This problem didn't occured on the previous horde version. There was no
error with the same data.

The field "invalid email account" which is under "server" is empty.
Do if have to fill this field out? What is the reason of this field?

Any help is appreciated.
Thanks in advance.

Manuel