[imp] Configurationproblem Delete and Move Messages

Manuel Schwab manuel at manuelschwab.de
Sat Oct 25 13:01:42 UTC 2008

Hi list,

I have a strange problem with the configuration of moving and deleting
messages.

One user chose that messages should be put in trash instead of only flag
them as deleted.

He saved this configuration but when we now wants to delete messages he
gets the following message:

Cannot move messages to Trash - no Trash mailbox set in preferences

Back to preferences there is no possibility to set a Trash mailbox.

It is the same error like mentioned here:
http://marc.info/?l=imp&m=121699448005788&w=2
But no answers up to now.

The problem occured not with every user, other users do not have the
problem.

Nevertheless I inserted the correct preferences manuelly in the database
(horde_prefs) and after this, the menu was shown.

But that's not all, there still occurs an other problem:

- user is able to chose a Trash Folder, he uses "Trash" for example
- after this the user chose the option "Use virtual trash?", too.
- the message appears:
"Cannot activate both a Trash folder and Virtual Trash. A Trash folder
will "
"be used."
- this message is clear and of course correct.
- to be able to use a virtual Trash folder he choses "none" from the
pulldown menu for the Trash folder and tried to activate "Use virtual
trash?" again
- after this - althought the user choses "none" for the Trash folder -
the message appears:
"Cannot activate both a Trash folder and Virtual Trash. A Trash folder
will "
"be used."
- back to the configuration menu the user is not able to set any kind of
configurations for the trash. It always appears the message mentioned above.
- to fix this problem I had to delete the Trash entrys for the user
manually in the database. Otherwise he his not able to set configurations.

Is this problem still known and is there a solution?
Can anybody confirm this problem?

Any help is appreciated. Thanks.
Manuel