[imp] Question about database

Thu Oct 30 18:57:51 UTC 2008

Hi Guys,

My first post to this list.

I have had a look at the FAQ but couldn't find a definitive answer.

My question is regarding the database creation step, which is described
during the installation. The INSTALL  document states:

===================

The specific steps to create the IMP database table depend on which
database you've chosen to use.

First, look in scripts/sql/ to see if a script already exists for your
database type. If so, you should be able to simply execute that script
as superuser in your database. (Note that executing the script as the
"horde" user will probably fail when granting privileges.)

If such a script does not exist, you'll need to build your own, using
the file imp.sql as a starting point. If you need assistance in creating
databases, you may wish to let us know on the IMP mailing list.

===================

When I look in the scripts directory, i see the following:

[xor at nas /home/alex/swinstall/imp-h3-4.3/scripts/sql]$ ls -l
total 4
-rw-r--r--  1 alex  alex   633 Dec 21  2007 imp.sql
-rw-r--r--  1 alex  alex  1699 Dec 21  2007 imp.xml

Obviously there is no script to run like horde has for its installation.

The imp.sql file contains the entries that need to be inserted, but
doesn't state what database to insert them into.. Do I add them to the
"horde" database that was created by the horde installation? Or do I
create some other database? What database does IMP expect these tables
to be in?

This is a first time install. So please forgive me if the question seems
dumb. I am just unsure.