[imp] wordwrap message lines at 72

Jan Schneider jan at horde.org
Mon Nov 10 14:57:44 UTC 2008

Zitat von Andrea Zagli <azagli at libero.it>:

> Il giorno dom 09 nov 2008 20:21:16 CET, Michael M Slusarz ha scritto:
>> Quoting Andrea Zagli <azagli at libero.it>:

>>> so, how can i not send in flowed format? or, how can i view on imp
>>> these e-mails wrapped as source?
>>
>> You can't.  We always send in flowed format.  Why would you want to
>> send in not flowed format?
>
> i only want that my mail is showed wrapped at 72th char also on imp
> as in other mail client (like evolution)

>>> it's true
>>>
>>> but why imp show me the queted part of the message correctly
>>> wrapped and what i wrote not? (in evolution i see the whole email
>>> correctly)
>>
>> I don't understand what you are asking here.
>
> sorry... my poor english... i try again
>
> for example, when i display in imp a mail that i sent from imp in
> reply to other mail, i see the quoted part of the mail wrapped,
> while i see the part that i wrote not wrapped

I agree that this is irritating and I still didn't get used to it. I
guess this happens if the original, now quoted, text was not flowed,
while the newer part is. So the old part is hard wrapped, and the
flowed part is, well, flowing.

I find it easier to read the way we do it in Whups, and like we used
to do it in IMP, i.e. wrap at 76, even with flowed text. Of course
this causes problems if those lines don't fit into the window, because
of small screens etc. Maybe we could use a max-width CSS layer for
wrapping instead?

Jan.

http://horde.org/consulting/