[imp] wordwrap message lines at 72

Matus UHLAR - fantomas uhlar at fantomas.sk
Mon Nov 10 15:23:38 UTC 2008

On 10.11.08 15:17, Andrea Zagli wrote:
> i only want that my mail is showed wrapped at 72th char also on imp as
> in other mail client (like evolution)

resize your view window properly then ;-)

> >>it's true
> >>
> >>but why imp show me the queted part of the message correctly
> >>wrapped and what i wrote not? (in evolution i see the whole email
> >>correctly)
> >
> >I don't understand what you are asking here.
>
> sorry... my poor english... i try again
>
> for example, when i display in imp a mail that i sent from imp in
> reply to other mail, i see the quoted part of the mail wrapped, while
> i see the part that i wrote not wrapped

I'll try to explain this:

All text in flowed format _IS_ wrapped (unless sending MTA is broked).
However MUA who understands flowed format, may re-wrap it to its needs.

So, text sent from IMP _IS_ wrapped. However IMP and other clients may not
show it to you.