[imp] imp address book default settings not working.

Pieterjan Heyse pieterjan.heyse at scheppers-wetteren.be
Mon Nov 17 10:07:21 UTC 2008

Hi folks,

I am currently configuring dimp and imp in a new installation for my users. All is going well, except for the default address book settings in imp (Options for mail -> address books). I would like to expand my email addresses using 'email' and 'name' , and use the address book 'localsql' as the address book to use when adding addresses. My configuration parameters are at the bottom of this mail.

When I empty the entire horde database (so forcing the use of the prefs.php files), I do not see the localsql address book selected when I go to the options screen. The same applies to the search field.

They are in the lists, but not selected...

Am I missing something here, because I think I am doing everything I should do to get this working...

Imp/config/prefs.php contains:

$_prefs['search_sources'] = array(

    'value' => "localsql",

    'locked' => false,

    'shared' => true,

    'type' => 'implicit');

$_prefs['search_fields'] = array(

    'value' => "localsql\temail\tname",

    'locked' => false,

    'shared' => true,

    'type' => 'implicit');

$_prefs['add_source'] = array(

    'value' => "localsql",

    'locked' => false,

    'shared' => true,

    'type' => 'implicit');

In turba I have a source named "localsql"

Imp version 4.3

Dimp version 1.1

Horde version 3.3

Thanks,