[imp] insert images/graphics when composing html mail?

Andrew Morgan morgan at orst.edu
Wed Dec 3 20:35:36 UTC 2008

On Wed, 3 Dec 2008, Jeff Davis wrote:

> Ok, that got the button to show up...  No such animal in FCKEditor.  But,
> clicking the insert button just gets me a blank window...  no joy (yet) but
> getting closer...

It might be browser-specific, since this is fairly advanced
HTML/Javascript.  My testing was done on Firefox.

> Do I have to set up an upload dir on the server to hold the graphics?  And if
> so where?

It asks for a URL to fetch the image and then the image is attached to the
message when you send it.  The image is not stored on the server anywhere,
as far as I can tell.

> Also, how to enable this stuff site-wide as opposed to on a per-user basis?

Change the 'xinha_hide_buttons' preference in imp/config/prefs.php, then
delete the 'xinha_hide_buttons' preference for all users in your
preferences backend.

 	Andy