[imp] No "view attachment" link for Word/Excel/PowerPoint attachments

T A tazza70 at hotmail.com
Sun Dec 14 06:19:18 UTC 2008

Hi,

I have just installed Horde Groupware Webmail Edition 1.2 on a fresh CentOS 5.2 server.

When I view an email with MS Office (2003) attachments in it, the links to view the message in external viewer (ie. wvHtml etc) are not shown.

I have uncommented the relevant sections of the $mime_drivers_map['horde']['registered'] settings and made sure the correct paths are configured in $mime_drivers['horde']['msword'] etc.

Horde/Imp correctly recognises the attachments as application/msword, application/msexcel, application/mspowerpoint and displays the correct icon, but it doesn't create the link to open the attachment in the new window.

I had also configured the settings for "rpm" files for testing purposes and it recognises those attachments, creates the link to preview the file in a new window and then shows the correct preview information for the file (ie. the output of "rpm -qi"). Other standard attachments (txt, html etc) also work correctly.

Whatever the problem is, it appears to be specific to at least those three MS Office file types.

I've tried looking through the mailing lists and online forums, but I can't find anyone with those same symptoms.

I have an existing installation of Horde (3.1.1) + Imp (4.1.1) on the old server (that I'm trying to decommission) and things work fine on it when I point to the mail server (and those same emails with attachments) on the new server, so the problem is definitely not with the messages themselves.

I've tried looking into the source, but I'm not quite sure how $imp_contents->getAttachments(); function works. Has anyone else come across this problem and/or could point me in the right direction?

Thanks,
Tazza