[imp] Wrong character encoding in folder list

LÉVAI Dániel leva at ecentrum.hu
Mon Dec 15 10:04:38 UTC 2008

Jan Schneider wrote:
> Zitat von LÉVAI Dániel <leva at ecentrum.hu>:
>> Jan Schneider wrote:

>>> Does this only happen with special folders, or with any folders
>>> containing non-ascii chars?
>>>
>> What do you mean by special folder? If you're asking if this is a
>> Sent/Trash etc.. folder, then no; this folder is an immediate
>> subfolder under the Maildir root dir (or under the Mail entry in IMP's
>> left sidebar). It is right under INBOX. It is a "handmade" folder :)
>> Hope I make sense.
>
> It has to be an issue with your mail server then, because non-ascii
> characters in regular folders work perfectly fine in the latest (and any
> older) release.

But if it is working with one locale (English (american)), and it
doesn't with another (Magyar), how could this be a bug in my mailserver?
Btw, I'm using Dovecot's IMAP server, which stores the folder names in a
modified UTF-7 charset (which is a standard way, as I understand).

Daniel

--
LEVAI Daniel
PGP key ID = 0x4AC0A4B1