[imp] dimp and deleting messages

gimili gimili17 at gmail.com
Tue Dec 16 12:09:03 UTC 2008

LALOT Dominique wrote:

> 2008/12/12 gimili <gimili17 at gmail.com <mailto:gimili17 at gmail.com>>
>
>     Dominique LALOT wrote:
>
>           * If I use thunderbird: it moves the mail in trash as dimp, but
>
>             leaves the original mail in deleted state. So we still see
>         that
>             mail in grey in dimp until cyrus purges the day after
>             I say, OK, there is a hide deleted option:
>             $_prefs['delhide'] = array(
>                 'value' => 1,
>                 'locked' => true,
>                 'shared' => false,
>              But it's not working!
>
>         I suppose that with move to trash, I have no "Purge deleted"
>         button, and worst, Hide deleted is lacking
>
>     If you set thunderbird to "Clean up ("Expunge") Inbox on Exit" at
>     least is goes away when you close thunderbird.
>

> Thanks, we can do that, but if you have a lot of end users, it's
> better if you have the right default setup options in horde working
> with default thunderbird options and therefore less support!
I just tried it on my profile and if you set imp to hide the trash
instead of move it then it seems to work in the same manner as
thunderbird.  I was having the same issue as you until I did that.  I
think the hiding pref does not work if you tick off  "When deleting
messages, move them to your Trash folder instead of marking them as
deleted?" in imp.

To me it might be nice to set imp to move the trash to the trash folder
and also have the hiding pref work so that imp would get along better
with thunderbird?  Perhaps I am missing something though.