[imp] Automatic authentication

Lothar May lothar.imap at googlemail.com
Wed Jan 14 20:17:10 UTC 2009

Hi,

I have a very specific authentication problem.

I would like to use Horde imp as a client for an external imap server. The
external imap server has usual TLS authentication with username/password.
However, I assume that I'm connecting to Horde from an unsafe client.
Therefore, I would like to use OTP (one time password) authentication when
authenticating at the Horde login. This works, I wrote a custom
authentication plugin. However, after this authentication, I would like
Horde to automatically login to the external imap server, using credentials
stored on the system Horde is running on. I tried to override the login
settings in the Horde php scripts after the OTP login, however, it fails.

How can I make Horde imp automatically login to an imap server using
different credentials than provided for login?

Thanks,

Lothar