[imp] Direct link to a message

Michael M Slusarz slusarz at horde.org
Fri Jan 16 17:45:51 UTC 2009

Quoting Iikku Mattila <iikku.mattila at eduix.fi>:

> Hi,
> I have exactly the same kind of question canobi had ~three years ago,
> seen at
> http://marc.info/?l=imp&m=113292496331946&w=2
>
> In short, I get the message number as used by imap from
> javax.mail.Message and would like
> to use that in creating a link to imp, something like
> /message.php?mailbox=INBOX&index=40
> Alternatively it'd be nice to know how to create the index as used by
> imp, as this clearly isn't the
> same as used by imap. Any ideas?

And the answer is in that thread:
http://marc.info/?l=imp&m=113298545621245&w=2

Although I should really change the parameter name - the 'index'
parameter to message.php is actually the IMAP UID.  So if you pass
mailbox.php a mailbox name and the UID (via the 'index' parameter),
things will work fine.

Note: Do *NOT* pass in the IMAP message sequence number - this won't
work and won't ever be supported.

michael