[imp] MS-tnef problems.

Judson Bishop judson.bishop at eamc.org
Tue Feb 17 23:57:54 UTC 2009

All,

I am using the Horde Groupware Webmail Edition 1.2.1 with imp 4.3.2.

I saw the email exchange between Andre Lang and Michael Slusarz and I have
what I believe to be the same problem.  Our exchange server was upgraded
last week and email has been in ms-tnef format since, our Horde/imp users
can no longer view email from our exchange users.

The email contents are displayed as a winmail.dat that is not viewable.  To
mitigate this I tried to inline the tnef but that does not seem to work.  I
have set my tnef setting to display inline:
$mime_drivers['horde']['tnef'] = array(
    'inline' => true,
    'handles' => array(
        'application/ms-tnef'
    ),
    'icons' => array(
        'default' => 'text.png'
    )
);

I am considering upgrading to imp 5 but do not want to be on the bleeding
edge with 1500 email boxes.

I have looked in the ftp directories but I don't see a recent git pull:
ftp://ftp.horde.org/pub/imp/
http://ftp.horde.org/pub/snaps/2009-02-17/

So I tried git but I could only pull down horde:
git clone --depth 1 git://dev.horde.org/horde/git/horde <-- worked
git clone --depth 1 git://dev.horde.org/horde/git/imp <-- did not work

What framework will I need to run imp 5 at this time?

Thanks for any help.

Jud Bishop