[imp] dbmail-imapd + imp logins slow

Peter Steen steen at ing-steen.se
Fri Feb 27 13:24:52 UTC 2009

Hello !

I do not know if this has been handled here before.

I have horde + imp + dbmail

Mailfiles are between 100MB and up to 3GB, containing in average 25000
emails.

Each user has only one mailfile. (in database)

I use mysql as backend to dbmail.

Problem is imp login, it takes very long time to login.

I have read about this on the network, so it is a known issue. There is no
issues with database, when finally logged in
all mails are searched quick enough and no problem with that. Logins are
issue.

I made changes to imp/configuration/servers.php for dbmail-imapd, none
really helped. The database is tuned and oprimized, no difference.
Some suggest me to change imap namespace, I do not really know what to
change. Maby there is some problem with imp sql queries ?

Anybody who know, or have any solution to the problem.