[imp] unified login, adding ham/spam buttons

Michael Rubinsky mrubinsk at horde.org
Mon Mar 9 21:06:01 UTC 2009

Quoting Mark Hedges <hedges at scriptdolphin.org>:

> I appreciate that the questions may be stupid to your sight,
> but would you be so kind as to point me to the documentation
> that will explain how to do these things, because it wasn't
> obvious where I could look.  Thanks.  --mark--

For the spam/ham links, got administration->setup->imp->Message and Spam

The authentication question isn't something I can give you a blanket
HOTOW on, since it really depends on how your setting up your
authentication.  It could be as easy as delegating Horde
authentication to your IMAP server through IMP, and it could be as
complicated as having your IMAP users and Horde users share a SQL
database for authentication. The "short answer" is if your
usernames/passwords are the same for Horde and IMAP (or if your
*using* IMAP auth for horde), then you can set the 'hordeauth'
parameter accordingly in imp/config/servers.php

> On Mon, 9 Mar 2009, Michael Rubinsky wrote:
>

>> Quoting Mark Hedges <hedges at scriptdolphin.org>:
>>

>> > Hi, trying to see if Horde can replace our use of
>> > openwebmail (openwebmail.org) which generates a lot of
>> > problems because it directly accesses files and doesn't do
>> > multiple-scheme locking.  It would be better if everything
>> > went through the imap server.  Couple questions, sorry if
>> > these are newbie-ish but I did go over the FAQ.
>> >
>> > It seems like I can log into horde as user A, then choose
>> > mail, then it asks me for a login again, then I can log into
>> > imp as user B.  This is terribly confusing, especially since
>> > the panels don't tell me who they think I am.  Is there a
>> > way to have a unified login for horde and all subsystems?
>>
>> Yes. This depends entirely on the authentication setup.  There are multiple
>> ways to set this type of thing up.
>>
>> > An unchangeable requirement from on high is that there
>> > should be "Learn HAM" and "Learn SPAM" buttons on the
>> > message index and message view pages.  When messages are
>> > selected they get fired through a shell script that learns
>> > them as HAM or SPAM or does whatever we want with them.  Is
>> > there a way to easily add buttons like this?
>>
>> Yes.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> mike
>>
>> --
>> The Horde Project (www.horde.org)
>> mrubinsk at horde.org
>>
>> "Time just hates me. That's why it made me an adult." - Josh Joplin

Thanks,
mike

--
The Horde Project (www.horde.org)