[imp] IMP performance and message display

LALOT Dominique dom.lalot at gmail.com
Wed Mar 25 15:53:54 UTC 2009

2009/3/24 Michael M Slusarz <slusarz at horde.org>

> Quoting Andrew Morgan <morgan at orst.edu>:
>
>  Yes, memcache is definitely faster than fs-based caching if set up well.
>>>

>> Also, DO use memcache as your session handler.  Trying to store sessions
>> in MySQL with Horde3 is a major performance killer.
>>

> The one issue with memcache as a session handler is that it is not
> persistent.  If one of your memcache servers happens to go down, users whose
> sessions happen to reside on those servers will be logged out (although
> newer beta versions of the PHP memcache lib attempt to work around this).
>  Something to be aware of.

Yes, I just tested right now to see how it behaves. As you can give several
memcache servers (for exemple your sql server and localhost), the session
went back a little time later thanks to CAS sso, but there has been a log
out.

I have been told about repcached that replicates data beetween memcached.

By the way Michael, I've opened a ticket
http://bugs.horde.org/ticket/8116concerning memcache and msglistcache

Dom

> michael

Dominique LALOT