[imp] Block IP

Filipe Azevedo fazevedo at netmadeira.com
Fri Mar 27 10:23:31 UTC 2009

Hi,

    I had the same issue, so I ended up developing a script to run
through the logs and match failed logins from the same IP during a given
time period. Whenever an IP address failed over a given amount of
logins, the script would generate a .htaccess file, thus preventing the
IP from accessing the site.

    Note that this is just the basic concept of this mechanism, it would
be advisable to implement some kind of history and unblock mechanism,
because the thresholds will end up failing one way or another.
--
Best regards,

Filipe Azevedo