[imp] Horde-imp as open relay.

Duane Zimmer duane.zimmer at yourlinkinc.net
Fri Mar 27 15:57:04 UTC 2009

Hey all,

I have two error messages on two different servers.  I am using horde 3.3 and imp 4.3  on a Linux Gentoo Servers.  Originally someone found a way to send messages using compose.php script and they used my two domains as relays via imp.  I updated to the current versions above but on the one server they are still able to send through but I have enable policyd and limited sending from my webmail and I am blocking senders, I base my blocking on the apache access log

196.3.183.72 - - [26/Mar/2009:09:19:21 -0600] "GET /horde/imp/compose.php?mailbox=INBOX&uniq=1238080491000 HTTP/1.1" 200 6305

After the upgrade on the other server I have a

PHP Notice:  Undefined variable: editor in /var/www/localhost/htdocs/horde/imp/lib/UI/Compose.php

I believe it is because of this php error that has limited them from using this server.  And I think it is perhaps due to this error that users are get timed out after it almost seems randomly.

I'm hoping that it is a configuration error that I have not entered.  I hope you guys can help.

Thanks