[imp] Generating From headers with a catch-all email address?

Lloyd Zusman ljz at asfast.com
Wed Apr 1 14:44:10 UTC 2009

Jan Schneider <jan <at> horde.org> writes:

> Zitat von Lloyd Zusman <ljz <at> asfast.com>:
>
> > [ ... ]
> >
> > Well, I'm just thinking of a generic hook that is run when a reply is
> > requested, but before the text is presented to the user. Let's say
> > this could be called "imp_hook_prereply". Just like for all the other
> > IMP hooks, the user could register whatever function he/she wants, and
> > this function would be invoked with arguments that supply enough
> > information so that the reply could be examined and modified before being
> > shown to the user.
>
> [ ... ]
>
> I know. :) But that doesn't make sense for anyone else but you, and
> thus the chances are low that such a generic hook would be accepted.
>
> Jan.

But this proposed "prereply" hook would be equally generic as
"postlogin", "postsent", "signature", and most of the other hooks that
already exist. People can write whatever code they want for these
existing hooks. Why would mine be any different?

I suppose a "pre-compose" hook might be even more useful, as long as
there was a way to distinguish between new messages and replies.

--
 Lloyd Zusman
 ljz at asfast.com
 God bless you.