[imp] Generating From headers with a catch-all email address?

Eric Jon Rostetter eric.rostetter at physics.utexas.edu
Wed Apr 1 16:09:26 UTC 2009

Quoting Lloyd Zusman <ljz at asfast.com>:

> But this proposed "prereply" hook would be equally generic as
> "postlogin", "postsent", "signature", and most of the other hooks that
> already exist. People can write whatever code they want for these
> existing hooks. Why would mine be any different?

I see the argument for including the code to support the hook, but not
provide his actual hook code...  Then people who do want a pre-reply hook
would be able to write one (say, maybe it checks for replies to known
phishing addresses, or something else potentially useful).

--
Eric Rostetter
The Department of Physics

This message is provided "AS IS" without warranty of any kind,
either expressed or implied.  Use this message at your own risk.