[imp] IMP git - dropdown box for selection mails

Michael M Slusarz slusarz at horde.org
Wed Apr 8 17:42:44 UTC 2009

Quoting "Jens A. Tkotz" <jens at peino.de>:

> Hi Michael,
>
> thanks for the answer.
> Your statement in the ticket is not wrong,
> But in my opinion its a very convenient functionality.
>
> Here is how i use it for example:
> I read new mails that interest me. For the other i simply selected all
> unseen and delete them in a bunch.
> So deleting all unseen messages is 2 clicks. Currently i need 6.
>
> Basically its a JS selector as the messages are already marked in the
> mailbox view.

...and it is completely worthless.  I click on "Select Deleted", I
click on delete, and then (because there is only so many messages on
the page), the page reloads and there are X number of deleted messages
that were on the next page.  So i have to do the whole thing over again.

Since this solution requires javascript, you might as well provide a
mini-interface to the search screen that does the exact same thing.
Not to mention that the old Select dropdown isn't easily portable to
the dimp interface, but the search solution is.

michael