[imp] Using IMP with multiple Pop accts into ONE mailbox

Martin Fraser mdf at darksnow.net
Mon May 11 09:04:49 UTC 2009

I'm not sure if this is quite the answer you are after but how I do that
is to run a local IMAP server and I have Fetchmail collecting mail from
multiple domains and delivering to my users.

Then, IMP, or another IMAP client like Thunderbird, can access the
collective mailbox and get all mail for that user, irrespective of what
domain it was sent to.

There may be an IMP way to do it, as mentioned in your message, but I
feel that separating out these sorts of tasks makes things easier. IMP
is a mail client which acts on an IMAP server, other things, like
Fetchmail and Thunderbird, can also act independently on the same IMAP
server.

Good luck with it.

Martin...