[imp] Spell Checking In Imp

Webmaster Extraordinaire webmasterextraordinaire at yahoo.com
Fri May 29 18:30:17 UTC 2009

Hi everyone,

I'm having a problem with spell checking in the compose window.  We're upgrading our current Horde installation but we've also tested this and had the same problem on a new installation.  Versions are Horde 3.3.4, Imp 4.3.4 and aspell.

This is the problem.  When I click on Check Spelling the program goes into the spell check process but doesn't identify any errors.  In order for it to work I have to first select a language.  If I then compose another email I have to repeat the process including selecting the language.  It seems to me that the language should either automatically default to a language or at the very least save the prior language selection so I don't have to select the language on each email.

I find it hard to believe that this is intended behavior so I'm hoping I'm missing something.

Thanks for any help.

Erik