[imp] Slow mailbox list from time to time

lst_hoe02 at kwsoft.de lst_hoe02 at kwsoft.de
Thu Jun 4 10:30:53 UTC 2009

Zitat von Tornoci Laszlo <torlasz at xenia.sote.hu>:

> Hi,
>
> I have a Horde/IMP system that behaves strangely since I upgraded
> from 3.1.5/4.1.5 to 3.3.4/4.3.4. I have about 400 users with 50-70
> concurrent sessions usually. The IMAP mailstore (Cyrus) and the MTA
> are on separate boxes. The system is dual Xeon (quad core) 2GHz, 2GB
> RAM.
>
> We had excellent response times before the upgrade. The problem is,
> we still have excellent response times (practically instantaneous
> mailbox lists with > 3000 mails in one folder) most of the time, BUT
> sometimes for long periods of time, I get miserable response times
> (30-80 sec waiting) for the same large mailbox to be listed. "top"
> show the http process to shoot up to 100% cpu while waiting, but
> nothing else remarkable. Restarting http or mysqld doesn't help.
> Logging in is not slow. The larger a mailbox, the worse the problem
> is.
> After some time, response times get back to normal.

It *may* be Horde Alarms. As far as i remember there was a problem
with the way Horde Alarms uses the Database in some configurations but
i can't remember for sure. This could explain why you see it only
occasionally. Another point to check is if you are using a PHP
accelerator which do maintenance at the slow times.

Regards

Andreas