[imp] two identities

Andreas Moroder andreas.moroder at sb-brixen.it
Fri Jul 3 09:49:49 UTC 2009

Hello,

we have a group of users and all have their own mailbox. We have also a
common mail address for this office. Most mail are sent from their
mailboxes but there are also official mails that must be sent from the
offices mailbox. To solve this we created a mailbox for the office and
gave the access to all the users.

For incoming mails a alias would solve the problem, but how can we solve
for outgoing ?
Is it possible to create for everyone of this users a second identity
they can select when they send a mail ? This identity should have as
FROM: Text the name of the office. It is also important that the answers
to this mail come back to the common alias.

Is this possible with horde ?

Thanks
Andreas