[imp] FETCH MAIL Option - POP vs IMAP

Brian Leggee brian at leggee.com
Fri Jul 17 04:20:43 UTC 2009

   I have been using IMP for a while, to get mail off my hosting
company's Linux/Apache/Courier IMAP/QMail system.  I JUST realized
that, in my haste when setting up the Fetch account, that I selected
the type of mail as "POP" even though the mail is IMAP.

   Although everything seems to work fine, and I understand the basics
of POP (load mail onto your local computer) vs. IMAP (Server-based)
BUT I am not sure what to do ... by selecting POP in the Fetch
options, does IMP ignore my selection and treat the mail as IMAP
anyway? (looks this way, since I can see my mail in folder from
whatever computer I log in from). OR am I going to gain anything by
switching the Fetched Mail option to IMAP?

Brian Leggee
(760) 839-0400
brian at leggee.com