[imp] Empty HTML BODY tag when viewing an email

Joel F imp at fuster.org
Sat Aug 1 18:13:54 UTC 2009

Hello,

I have been running IMP successfully for quite some time on PHP 4.4.9
and decided it was finally time to move over to 5.2.10.  After compiling
and installing it and checking that test.php looked OK for Horde and
IMP, I logged into IMP and everything looked good at first.  However,
when I click on an email in the index, the right-hand frame goes blank.

Looking at the frame source, I see that the HEAD contents look fine, but
then there is an opening BODY tag, and then nothing else.  If I switch
back to PHP 4.4.9, everything works again.

I originally built PHP 5.2.10 with the same c-client that 4.4.9 is using
(2002edebian), but then tried 2007b with no improvement. I have the PHP
memorylimit set to 128M.  I set Horde logging to PEAR_DEBUG, but I get
nothing more than max memory usage lines in the 7MB range.

I have PHP errors set to E_ALL, but I get nothing in Apache's error log
from mod_php.  The access.log just shows a 200 return code.

This problem happens on Firefox 3.5.1, 3.0.x and IE 8.0 on two different
 client machines.

I'm using the following:

Apache 2.0.63
PHP 5.2.10
openssl 0.9.8g-15+lenny1
Horde 3.3.4
IMP 4.3.4
Turba 2.3.1

PHP5 is configured with:
./configure --with-apxs2=/usr/local/apache2/bin/apxs
--prefix=/usr/local/php5/ --with-openssl=shared --with-zlib=shared
--enable-bcmath --with-bz2=shared --enable-calendar --with-curl=shared
--enable-exif --enable-ftp --with-gd=shared --enable-gd-native-ttf
--with-imap=shared --with-kerberos --with-imap-ssl --with-ldap=shared
--with-mcrypt=shared --with-mysql --with-pspell=shared --with-mm
--enable-sockets --with-sqlite --with-pear --with-jpeg-dir=/usr/lib
--enable-mbstring --with-freetype-dir=/usr --with-gettext --with-tidy

This has been quite a frustrating problem, so thanks in advance for any
help!

Joel