[imp] Problem with received redirected message using IMP.

ANANT S ATHAVALE asa at isac.gov.in
Wed Aug 26 11:19:24 UTC 2009

Dear List,

We are facing the following problem in our setup.  We have latest
stable Horde Groupware WebMail edition installed (Horde Groupware
Webmail Edition  1.2.3).

A message is forwarded to me using 'Forward Entire Message' option.
When I view the mail, I will have one attachment called 'Forwarded
Message....' and contents are also shown in Body.  A normal user does
not understand that the Forwarded message attachment is already shown
in Mail and no need to open it.  This is one of the problems.

But more important problem is the one I want to mention. I have a
message which has an attachment of type 'Forwarded Message....'  but I
don't have any problem viewing it.  But, when I redirect this mail,
the recipient does the receive the mail in the same format which I am
seeing.  The recipient sees all kinds of headers as part of body and
attachment comes in MIME ASCII format.  Is this a known problem?  Any
known solutions to address this problem.

Regards,

Anant Athavale.