[imp] pdf image preview

Liam Hoekenga liamr at umich.edu
Thu Aug 27 20:28:22 UTC 2009

I'm getting ready to roll out the latest release of Horde (3.3.4) /IMP
(4.3.4), and I'm trying to get the PDF thumbnailing to work.  I've got
the imagemagick php extension installed (imagick), and I've pointed
horde to the location of imagemagick's "covert" utility, but when I
receive a message with a PDF attachment, it just says..

     A PDF file named example.pdf is attached to this message.
     A thumbnail is below.

     View Attachment

Where "View Attachment" is link to the file.  Looking at the source
for horde/imp/lib/MIME/Viewer/pdf.php, it looks like the "View
Attachment" should be the ALT tag for the thumbnail image.  Thumbnails
for image attachments work ok.

I'm pretty sure that my imagemagick installation is working.  ldd
doesn't show any missing libraries, and phpinfo() shows that the
imagick extension is loaded.

What am I missing?

Liam