[imp] Internet Explorer Vs. Everything Else (Slow Death)

Webmaster Extraordinaire webmasterextraordinaire at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 4 20:24:40 UTC 2009

Hi everyone,

I'm hoping someone can at least point me in the right direction.  We are getting horrifically slow response with some users (not all) on Internet Explorer while other browsers are fine.  I've timed 40 seconds vs. 2 seconds to load a mailbox.  It is definitely more pronounced on larger mailboxes.  We've been switching users to other browsers but that's only a temporary solution as we have some applications that must run in IE.

If I had to guess it seems like it has something to do with the Javascript that builds the Horde folders but I couldn't begin to prove that.  It just seems like that's the one consistent variable that I can't change.

I don't believe the version of IE matters although I can confirm that it definitely happens with IE8.  We're on Imp 4.3.4 and Horde 3.3.4.

Any suggestions?