[imp] Internet Explorer Vs. Everything Else (Slow Death)

lst_hoe02 at kwsoft.de lst_hoe02 at kwsoft.de
Mon Sep 7 08:31:07 UTC 2009

Zitat von Webmaster Extraordinaire <webmasterextraordinaire at yahoo.com>:

> Hi everyone,
>
> I'm hoping someone can at least point me in the right direction.  We
> are getting horrifically slow response with some users (not all) on
> Internet Explorer while other browsers are fine.  I've timed 40
> seconds vs. 2 seconds to load a mailbox.  It is definitely more
> pronounced on larger mailboxes.  We've been switching users to other
> browsers but that's only a temporary solution as we have some
> applications that must run in IE.
>
> If I had to guess it seems like it has something to do with the
> Javascript that builds the Horde folders but I couldn't begin to
> prove that.  It just seems like that's the one consistent variable
> that I can't change.
>
> I don't believe the version of IE matters although I can confirm
> that it definitely happens with IE8.  We're on Imp 4.3.4 and Horde
> 3.3.4.
>
> Any suggestions?

I have seen this on some machines too with IE8 (only). It seams that
IE8 has problems with some quirks automatically done for older (most
6.x) IE Versions. You can try to adjust the "kompatibility settings"
in IE8 to include your Horde installation or remove the IE
quirks/hacks for IE browsers >=7.

Regards

Andreas