[imp] Autocomplete not working for me

gimili gimili17 at gmail.com
Mon Sep 14 13:13:03 UTC 2009

Ariel VIVES wrote:
> gimili a écrit :
>
>> Ariel VIVES wrote:    Do you know how to lookup that user's settings that work in the mysql
>> table?  Could you post that info.
>>
> I don't know where to find it but if you tell me, i will post it.

I use debian for my operating system and phpmyadmin.  Phpmyadmin is a
web interface to mysql (google it to learn how to install).  Login with
your horde mysql user name and password and go to the horde_prefs
table.  Then click on search and enter the user name you want to lookup
in the pref_uid field or search by pref_name and set it to
"addressbooks".  I set values in horde and then look them up in
phpmyadmin and copy the value to the prefs.php file.  I find this really
useful for the horde portal layout value.  There may be a better way to
do this but this works for me.
> So here we are :
> - the global config enables the autocompletion if a user has no personal
> prefs
> - if a user has personal prefs, I can't overwrite it
> so, is it possible to force global config istead of personal config for
> the autocompletion ?

I think if you have no values yet recorded and then you set 'locked' =>
true it will work.  You will have to delete entries for users that have
made changes to the data in order for defaults from prefs.php to work.
I use phpmyadin to do this but you need to be very careful to make sure
you are deleting the right record (pref_name must be addressbooks).
Alternatively, if it is only a few users you could correct them through
the horde web interface before you lock in prefs.php.

--
gimili