[imp] how to share an adressbook

Michael J. Rubinsky mrubinsk at horde.org
Thu Sep 17 19:05:55 UTC 2009

Quoting Thierry CHEN <frms at webologix.com>:

> New to horde I discover it looks great but really tricky to
> configure. Now I'd like to know how to share an address book (or
> calendar, files,...) between group members. No more :-]

For Kronolith (calendars), you simply add permissions to the group you
want to share the calendar with. You do this from the "Manage
Calendars" page that is linked to from the panel on the right hand
side of the main calendar view.  For Turba (address books) it is
mostly the same, assuming you have it configure to use 'shares'.  In
the most recent versions, this is the default. There is a "My Address
Books" link in the menu if this is properly configured. From there,
the same as Kronolith (or any other of the share-enabled applications).

How you create the groups you want to share with depends on the way
you have Horde configured to authenticate.

--
Thanks,
mike

--