[imp] Aliases

Ferdinand Gruber fer.grub at yahoo.de
Fri Sep 25 19:27:56 UTC 2009

Hi, how can imp users define  alias adresses for their mail accounts?

In Options / Personal Information there is a field to fill in one or
more alias addresses. But when I try to send a mail to one of that
aliases this mail can not be delivered because the address is unknown.

The mail server is running under Suse Linux 11.1. I know that the
aliases must be defined in /etc/aliases and as root I am able to do this
but I want to grant users to define their own aliases.

I supposed that Imp is able to make this possible.

I would appreciate any tipp.
Ferdinand