[imp] IMP very slow on Centos 5

Adam Tauno Williams awilliam at opengroupware.us
Tue Sep 29 10:53:40 UTC 2009

> What your talking about with the CRAM-MD5 sounds like it could be
> possible, but if all that is handled by the c-client, then I'd imagine I'd
> have issues with other things with php-imap..

Not necessarily.  You should make sure your IMAP server only advertises
auth-mechs that it actually supports.

awilliam at linux-m3mt:~> telnet imap.*********.com 143
Trying 192.168.1.75...
Connected to imap.********.com.
Escape character is '^]'.
* OK [CAPABILITY IMAP4 IMAP4rev1 LITERAL+ ID STARTTLS AUTH=PLAIN
SASL-IR] imap.*******.com Cyrus IMAP v2.3.14-Invoca-RPM-2.3.14-8 server
ready

See AUTH=

> Squirrelmail has a password
> changing utility that uses the imap server to change the password,

???  IMAP provides no capacity to change a password.  The squirrelmail
extension is doing something else or it is a vertical extension in your
IMAP server [honestly I can't see how it would work].

> is imapproxy something to just test with?  or is it something that could
> potentially mess up stuff with my mailserver?

imapproxy won't break anything.
OpenGroupware developer: awilliam at whitemice.org
<http://whitemiceconsulting.blogspot.com/>
OpenGroupare & Cyrus IMAPd documenation @